- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup TY KU Sake Silver Premium Junmai
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cubed
- 1 block (14 oz) firm tofu, cubed
- cilantro, toasted coconut for garnish (see below)
To make it:
In medium pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 5–6 minutes until lightly browned. Add curry powder and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
Add water, coconut milk, sake, sweet potato, salt and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
Add remaining vegetables and tofu and cook for 10 minutes.
Pour curry into individual bowls to serve and garnish with cilantro and coconut.
To toast coconut:
In a sauté pan, toast coconut flakes over medium-high heat for 4–5 minutes until golden or toast on a baking sheet at 325 degrees F for 4–5 minutes until golden.