Southeast Asian Gazpacho
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 3/4-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Thai basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, red onion, ginger, Thai basil, cilantro, oil, vinegar, and lime juice to the bowl of a food processor, and process until well blended, but still slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the diced cucumber, stirring to distribute evenly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, season to taste with salt and vinegar.