Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut Chimichurri
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, divided
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh basil (optional)
Heat oven to 425°. Slice ends off sprouts and cut into halves. Toss sprouts and odd leaves in 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
Spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer and roast until leaves are browned and hearts are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a food processor, process remaining 1/2 cup oil, parsley, hazelnuts, cilantro, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper until smooth.
Toss sprouts in sauce until well coated. Pour sprouts onto a serving dish.
Garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired.