Eggnog sans eggs
Yield: 6 cups
- 4 cups soymilk or almond milk
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup rice flour or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (for color, optional)
- Whisk rice flour/cornstarch with 1 cup of the soymilk until smooth to make a slurry.
- In a large pot, combine soymilk, coconut milk, the slurry, and the sugar. Whisk until well mixed. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in rum, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional cinnamon if desired.