Chia Maple Caramels
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Oil an 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix and heat the sugar, maple syrup, coconut milk and salt.
3. Cook until mixture reaches 244 degrees, the firm ball candy stage, without stirring too often.
4. Add coconut oil and chia seeds and stir until well combined.
5. Pour the candy into the baking dish and score into squares as it hardens.
6. Let cool for at least 3 hours.
7. Remove from pan and fully cut into squares.